POOL SERVICE TIPS
The following tips are some guidelines (not to be confused with hard, fast rules) that can help you to keep your pool sparkling and healthy!
• Empty all baskets (skimmer, pump, leaf catcher, canisters, etc) as soon as possible
after a storm.
• Run your pool equipment for a couple of extra hours following a storm.
• If you see any form of algae (green, yellow, or black) starting to form in your pool, take action immediately. Algae spreads like wildfire. When you can see it with the human eye, that means there is already a large quantity formed.
• Make sure the pool and tiles are getting brushed at least once a week.
• Purchase a medium duty cloth/tarp to cover your pool equipment. Block the UV rays from the sun that will degrade your plumbing, pumps, motors, filter, etc.
• Set the timer on your pool equipment to run long enough to cycle all of the water through the filter at least once a day. This “turnover” rate can be calculated for your specific pool. Run the equipment a couple of hours longer in the hot summer months and a couple of hours less in the cool winter months. Use the appearance and condition of your pool/water as an indicator to tell if you are running the equipment for enough hours each day.
• If you see air bubbles on a constant basis coming out of the return outlets in your pool while the pump is running, then there is a high probability that you have an air leak on the “suction side” of your plumbing.
• Keep an eye on your pressure gauge. It is there for a reason. You should know what your normal operating pressure is. If the pressure drops down suddenly, the pump is probably blocked up. If the pressure goes up 10 PSI or more, then the filter has probably become dirty. Turn the pump off before changing the position of your backwash valve.
• The pool water should be maintained at a level where it is positioned at the middle of the skimmer box opening.
COMMON SWIMMING POOL PROBLEMS
• Circulation - Run filter pump 24 hours per day until water clears.
• Dirty filter - Backwash and clean filter.